Sunday, February 5, 2012

Busy, Busy...

Just a quick post...I've been super busy all week, both at work and at home, so I just haven't had time to write.

I'm starting something this week, though, that I need to memorialize.  I think that each week, I'd like to pick a couple of healthy changes I need to make and focus on those.  I want to make them sustainable, so I'm only picking one or two.  If I need more than a week to solidify them, then I'll take more, but I really would like to add something new each week.

I've already started the smoothies and watching my calories, and I'm going to tighten up on that, weeding out the areas where I've been a little lax.  That one doesn't really count as a change, just increased effort.  I'm focused very intently on quality of calories, because I've learned all too well that "calories-in, calories-out" is a vast oversimplification of what's needed for healthy, sustainable weight loss.  Also, having an autoimmune disorder makes it absolutely imperative that I focus on nutrient balance.  (It's absolutely imperative for everybody.  An autoimmune disorder just means your body won't allow you to forget it.) 

This week, I'm going to focus on cutting back on my caffeine intake - that's been a slippery slope for me, and since I use half-and-half in my coffee, it's a calorie issue as well as excess caffeine.  I do believe the research supports that a little caffeine is healthy, but Friday I caught myself on my fifth cup, and later drank a Diet Coke or two.  Definitely a slipper slope!  So that's my first area of focus.

The second will be exercise.  I've been working toward that one as well, so I'm not sure if it counts as a change, but I'm going to focus on getting in five solid days of a decent workout.  That will also have to include being diligent in my stretching and myofascial release (because there's no WAY I can exercise consistently without doing that) so that one definitely counts.

I have another post in mind, specifically arthritis-related, but today's a busy day (again) so who knows when it will actually be written...if only Dragon could write a software that would transcribe directly from your mind, without the necessity of speaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment